* With alpaca fiber quickly rising to the forefront of the global, natural fiber industry, the alpaca industry offers excellent potential for growth & development for rural America.
* Enlightened consumers are changing their lifestyles & purchase behaviors based on environmental impact.
* Communities & society as a whole are again looking to small family farms & products made in the USA.
* Alpacas are an environmentally sustainable breed of livestock; providing a renewable, biodegradable source of useable fiber that is warmer, stronger & more resilient than wool; yet lighter in weight and as soft as cashmere. Due to the unique manner in which the scales of the alpaca fiber lie down against the shaft of each hair follicle, alpaca fiber is also considered to be hypoallergenic.
* As in any business venture there is risk, but a slow economy doesn’t necessarily spell trouble, entrepreneurs with determination & imagination can not only survive, but thrive.